Musings of a thrift store whore.
Nothing here stays the same! To check out what these metamorphose into, visit Crafty Geordi. See you there.
Are you a thrift store whore too? Link up your whore-scores with Crafty Geordi's Show and Share linky party. Begins every Sunday and goes on all week.

Friday, February 11, 2011

I Heart Savers!

Hey, hey!

     I think I have an addiction. No, I know I have one.

Hi. My name is Christine and I am a thriftaholic.

Should I start an area support group?  Here is how I realized that I have a problem. Earlier this week, I decided that I am not totally happy with my photos that I take with my Canon point and shoot camera. Don't get me wrong, I love my camera. It is so easy to work with and I love the quality of the photos. Except when I zoom. Or try to catch a bird taking off in flight. Or take a close up of a ladybug. So I started dreaming of a new camera. And, staying true to my impulsive Gemini style, I purchased one on the internet during what was supposed to be my research mission. I got me a Canon EOS Rebel XS.

*squeal*

I cannot wait, it should arrive next week. This camera is not the problem though. Like a good thrifter, I bought this one used, from Usedcamerasonly.com. I ended up paying over $100 less than the same camera would have cost me on Amazon. Even so, my bank account took a big hit from this purchase. The problem was that I, fully knowing the damage I had done, still went thrifting the very next day! I have been trying for weeks to put myself on a shopping diet but when I know that there are undiscovered treasures out there just waiting for me to find, well, I start to believe that I have a responsibility to rescue these treasures from their retail limbo.
Besides, I dare you to resist these! I couldn't.

This birdcage candle holder will be wired as a lamp. Possibly living in my outdoor patio. Romantic, yes? $9.99

This poor fox got his face chewed off.   :-(    Since it is now too yucky to look at, I think that it will be turned into a little stuffed animal. Or something. $4.99

Cute isn't it? Not the cutest thing I have ever seen. But a great shape for future hats. This will be taken apart to pattern future hats. 99 cents.

Oh, this reminds me of fluffy cotton candy. Embellishments for future dresses and outfits. $2.99 for all.

I heart this Talbot's skirt. But it is a few sizes too small. I haven't seen a size 8 for a while. Won't this be an adorable handbag with that belt as the strap??

Perfect scene for a weekend, strollin' the town handbag!
When the projects are done I will post them onto Crafty Geordi. Check back and if you don't see an upcycled appearance, ask me. Please keep me honest and help me keep these treasures out of the bottom of the project box!

No comments:

Post a Comment