Musings of a thrift store whore.
Nothing here stays the same! To check out what these metamorphose into, visit Crafty Geordi. See you there.
Are you a thrift store whore too? Link up your whore-scores with Crafty Geordi's Show and Share linky party. Begins every Sunday and goes on all week.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Denim and Velvet

Hi!

     Here is my latest Salvation Army round-up. I have big plans for all of these pieces and have already begun with a few of them. I am discovering that there is simply not enough time in the day for what I want to do. This whole take cost me $32.00, the same as a dress at a discount department store would have! The cashier at the S.A. was so funny, as she was ringing up my items, she kept complimenting me on my great style. As she was bagging the items she laughed at how heavy it all was and joked that I shouldn't wear it all at one time or I will topple over.

"Oh, I won't be wearing these" was my reply.

The look on her face was classic!! I then told her that I would be cutting them all up and making them into other things. Her face got serious and she told me "oh, you have such great style".


Calvin Klein denim dress. Nice, heavy denim and I will be able to cut long pieces.
Sun dress with lined skirt. I was drawn to the springy colors.

I love this purple dress! I was hoping to wear it like it is but it doesn't love me back. It looks terrible on me so this will be upcycled into something cool.

Another denim dress with nice, long panels.

Rayon dress with an island themed print. I don't have a specific plan for this yet and I look forward to seeing what it turns into.

This one made me laugh, I remember doing fabric and puff paint t-shirts just like this one back in the '90's. We had so much fun with them! The real prize is the skirt though. Adorable astrology themed print.


My crown jewel of this take. The neckline is identical to my bridesmaids dresses back in '93. This dress even fit me. This luscious velvet is now in several pieces. Look here to see one thing that I have made with this dress so far.

Another long paneled denim dress. I think I have enough denim for several projects.

Cute transparent maternity top with an attached tank top. I already have the flowy bottom of this top attached to a new project that I hope to finish tonight.






1 comment:

  1. here from your other blog. that bag sure is cute.. and who woulda thought, a Maternity shirt! SHA!

    ReplyDelete